As you may know by now we love to recycle and come up with new creative ways to reuse items, We seem to have quite a few white plastic lids (mainly from nutella pots) and we thought we would make a simple snowman christmas decoration.
This craft is great for young ones or toddlers and can be an ideal group project. It will help with hand and eye coordination as well as being creative and using their imaginations to create a snowman character, this could easily be applied to card to make a christmas card too!
What you will need:
- Plastic white lid
- googly eyes
- felt piece or orange card
- black card
- marker pen
Stick down two googly eyes on to the inside of the white lid, this could be glued or by using pel back stickers.
Cut out a carrot shape from some crap orange felt or card, use your marker or felt pen to make the details on the nose then stick on to the lid with some glue.
Use a marker pen or felt pen to draw the snowman's mouth. You could also use little black buttons and glue in place.
Cut out a hat shape in black card, stick some ribbon to create detail. Glue or cellotape in place.
Make a loop with the remaining ribbon and cellotape to the back of the lid so you can hang up in your tree.
Pin for later:
For more christmas related posts visit:
I am taking part in: A Countdown for Christmas with some creative bloggers, If you would like to see some other Christmas decoration ideas please visit the following:
- Make a sparkly snowball decoration with: A Rainy Day Mum
- Make a salt dough garland decoration with: Crafty Mama in Me
- Make a cinnamon scented sled decoration with: Play dough & Popsicles
- Make a tripod grasp snowman craft with: Sugar Aunts
- Make a pom pom garland with: Spark and Pook
- Make Christmas bell ornaments with: Peakle Pie
- Make bubble wrap holly wreaths with: Crafty kids at home
- Make a Nativity Lantern with: Sun Hats and Wellie boots
- Make DIY decorated gift wrap: Mum in the Mad house
- Make Glitter Glue gingerbread man with: Adventures with Adam
- Make a gingerbread house photo frame with: Teach me mommy
- Make a tissue paper Christmas wreath with: 3 Dinosaurs
- Make a Gingerbread man paper dolls with: Creative family fun
- Turn a kids art into a Christmas decoration with: Non Toy Gifts
- Make a pom pom santa hat with: The Gingerbread House
- Make a Christmas card holder with: My bright firefly